Saturday, September 10, 2011

Meanwhile....

Victoria was going through her pregnancy with Damien I was going through a whole experience on my own....even though our paths had not crossed 2 little ones would join us ahead.
I was helping to raise my niece her mom was away and my causin (the dad) was young.  I too have experience the loss and grieving of a little one since I havent had contact with her since 2008.  It is very very hard and should not be underestimated by adoptive parents. In 2009 we took a missionary trip to Costa Rica with a ministry my husband and I are part of www.pasionmasfuego.org which completely changed our lives.  Earlier that year a friend of ours was going through some pictures of my niece and her brother and sisters and he turned around and looked at me and said in order for your kids to come you have to release her.  It took me while to come to terms with that because I felt that by "releasing her" I was giving up on her.  My husband and I prayed we put her in the hands of the Lord, I wept like never before but I knew I had to let her go.  Many nights i spend crying holding her things seeing her in all the kids that went by.  One of the hardest things anyone ever has to go through.


I had met Victoria at the mall she worked for one of my competitors in the wireless industry and I would see her walking by every once in a while we were on a hi and bye basis.  I first met Damien when he was around 2 and I remember thinking wow he could be my nieces brother they favored in so many ways.  Life went on and that was pretty much it.  I was transferred with my job to a different location so I didnt see or know of her for a while until Myspace connected us back....


So much to share,
Evelin

No comments:

Post a Comment